Explored different techniques

 In the beginning I started to seek out different methods of painting with different tools, like every day household items from tracing paper, to a paper towel. I enjoy being creative and finding other things or ways of doing something is so much fun.


For this one I took a coloring page from one of my coloring books.  I took a pencil and scratched the pencil over over the back side of the coloring page.  Then I put in on the canvas board and with the pencil side down and then I traced the picture.


After I that I outlined the drawing with black paint to have outlines and then I painted it with a brush and paints instead of treating it like a coloring page with markers or pencils. It took a little time to do but it was fun and it made a cute painting.


This one was so much fun! I followed a tutorial for this fun abstract one!  It started with various colors of paint just dotted on the the canvas board and then a piece of saran wrap was placed on top.  Then I took my fingers and sort of finger painted, moving my fingers around and gliding the paint all around on the canvas board under the saran wrap.  It felt cool and it was such neat thing to do! A credit card or a piece of card was used for the tree trunks an a paper towel to dap to add the color of the trees. It didn't take long to do this fun painting! 


For this one I used a paper towel, left over paint and I dapped the paint all over the canvas board.  When I dried I studied it for a bit an a picture sort of started to develop in my mind as I looked at it.  I took black paint and started to do the trees and the bench.  I've left it like this and I like it but I think its unfinished but not sure what I should do next to it.  So it sits like this for now until I decide what I will do next.

I love to discover how to do backgrounds using different items to see the patterns that develop. I've used sponges, paper towels, and other little things around the house.  Exploring with colors, and techniques are very interesting and fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall