Left over paint

 

I love taking left over paint from previous painting and blending all of the colors on the next blank canvas.  I love blending colors, it helps me see my next painting.  As I I take my brush and spread the paint on the canvas I watch each stroke and how the paint lays on the canvas and how each stroke could be developing into something that starts to lead me to the next idea of what to paint.  I have discovered when I just let go and do this there have been times I feel like my creativity really starts to flow and some awesome paintings have come from this process.


For example that is how the paintings below were created, using left over paint and only using the colors that were left.



I have been known just to sit and spread and blend paint onto canvas' and then let them dry and walk away from them for a bit and then pull one out and look at it and then start painting.  I find it  soothing and relaxing to blend the paint on the canvas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall