Representational Landscape Artist


I love landscape. I love to paint trees, water and mountains and skies. When I tried to start my own photography business I advertised as a natural light photographer.  I would take pictures outside with nature as the background for any group family pictures.  Nature is just so soothing and refreshing and peaceful.  I started to think about what type of artist I am and researched the different types of landscape types.  

The three types are impressionistic, abstract and representational.  Representational captures the natural beauty.  Its more realistic that attempts to capture the essence of nature, sometimes it could look photorealistic but not always. 

I like to portray the outdoors.  It could be rolling hills, meadows, fields, mountains, lakes, rivers, seaside and beyond.  I discovered that there are a few names that I've known and you may have heard about that are listed as 10 of the top famous landscape artists.  I've only listed the ones that I recognized.

Leonardo de Vinci-landscape drawings 

Jan Van Goyen-landscapes with everyday subjects of everyday life

John Constable-local sites of where he lived

Claude Monet-plein air landscapes and an example of impressionism

Vincent Van Gogh-French country sides and starry night skies

Georgia O'Keefe-New Mexico Landscapes and large flowers and tall buildings in New York

It was interesting to research and discover what type I consider my work to be.  I hope you enjoy my style of capturing the natural beauty that surrounds us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall