Colors of Spring

 


Colors of Spring is my latest painting. I painted this one just over the weekend on Saturday.  I was trying to keep myself occupied and distracted after having my wisdom teeth on the bottom surgically removed on Thursday.  I was so swollen and in pain but had to keep busy on Saturday.  I grabbed a canvas my daughter had given to me for my birthday last May (still leaving behind the really big for one now....it scares me little lol)  Anyways this one is a 24 x24 canvas.

I took left over paint from a previous painting that I finished up. I had no plan of what I was going to paint.  Sometimes my favorite thing to do is just spread paint and blend colors all over the canvas and then the ideas flow from there and that is what happened!

 As you can see or maybe it was just me at the time…but with the nice green color it turned into shapes of big leaves started to develop.  So I went with it!


As I started developing the leaves a little more flowers were the next thing that had to happen.  I just recently learned how to draw Azaleas and so I painted a big one and then filled it the rest with just random flowers.  That is how the Colors of Spring came to be!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed painting it. 


The cool thing also is how fast I sold this lovely painting! I had on posted it over the weekend and again this Monday morning on my Facebook page.  I hadn't even posted it to my Esty store or web page!  Its new home will be in Hot Springs Arkansas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall