Oil Pastels and Mixed Mediums

 My best painting buddy, Kim has inspired me to try other mediums instead of my acrylics. The big pink flower was created with oil pastels.  Oil pastels are messy but fun to use. I've really enjoyed playing with them.  My buddy finds them way too messy for her to use.  I like the mess of it, there is something about using your fingers to blend out the color that is satisfying and soothing.  It might sound a little odd but you should try it and see what I'm talking about.


The butterfly with the flowers is a mixed medium, several different mediums were used to create this picture.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and used sheet of carbon paper to trace the butterfly onto the watercolor paper. I used oil pastels, watercolor colored pencils, water colors, markers, and some acrylic paints too.  I love how vibrant the colors stand out.  It was fun just to let go and use all those items.  It made for an interesting picture.  I plan on framing it and seeing if someone would like to purchase it and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall