Birds & Flowers and watercolor

 Lately I've been trying to learn how to draw and paint hummingbirds.  I have Spring on my mind.  I'm so ready for Spring, but all this snow on ground that surrounds me needs to melt and go away.  


This hummingbird I drew with some help of a tutorial.  For this little painting I used mixed mediums.  I used watercolor, pastels and acrylic paint.  


I traced this humming bird from a metal cutout that I had bought at a little craft vendor in Pinetop AZ.
I love the brightness of this one with the sunflower in the background.  This was also a mix of several mediums.


This little birdie was traced from a template that I had printed and I used carbon paper to trace it onto the water color paper.  This one is all watercolor.



When I think of Spring I think of all the flowers that bloom, and the birds that come to visit my bird feeder that hangs in the tree out back.  What do you think of when you are ready for Spring?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall