An abstract kind of day

 The other day I challenged myself to have a little fun without having a plan.  I'm pretty sure that is the best way to describe abstract.  It was so much fun!  There were times I'd try to stop and think about what I was doing and I'd push myself to stop and just do.  I also found myself closing my eyes at times too.  It was so much fun!




I used painters tape to tape down two small pieces of canvas paper to my work space and then I chose a few colors of paint and brushes, sponges, and palette knife and then I went for it!


I love how both pictures turned out!


I sat there turning each one in different directions to see what I could see each time I did that and it was fun and hard to decide which way I liked them the most!

I plan on either putting them in a matted frame or just a simple frame.

I think on the days I want to paint but not sure what I want to do I will do this again, it allows me to still be creative and get painting out of my system in that moment.  Plus it's a mystery on what I create!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall