An Abstract Night

 



My mom painting her funny gal


One night my mom and I decided to pick these funny ladies to paint.  I love how hers came out (the one on the right), she has an attitude and it fits.  We both wanted to try something different. In the beginning I found that I was okay at looking at a picture of a character or little cartoon type of critter and being able to paint it.  It was fun and I enjoyed but I wanted to be able to just jump right into painting those big amazing paintings with landscapes and such.  It doesn't work out like that, I had to take my time and practice.  Soon I started to look up little quick things on techniques and the different types of brushes to use.  I couldn't wait until my  next paint night with either with my daughters or my mom, but before too long I just started to mess around with painting at home.  I bought a canvas paper pad to use to practice the little things I learned and then I'd buy the 8x10 canvass to start to use what I learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall