Get to know the Artist

 I live where we get all four seasons and sometimes all in one day. I'm surrounded by pine trees, which I love! Growing up in Chaparral NM our property had pine trees all around the perimeter that my parents planted after we bought the property.  I was born in El Paso TX and moved about 8 miles outside of town to Chaparral NM.  I loved living out there. I've lived in Albuquerque NM, Sandia Park NM, Fort Davis TX and have been in Flagstaff Arizona since 2009.

I love nature before I started painting I had the dream of being a landscape photographer.  I bought a nice camera and practice taking pictures every where I went.  I even made a little money on the side briefly with taking a few family pictures outdoors for a about 4 or 5 families.  I took pictures at my brother's wedding and even was hired to take pics at an old fashioned Ball.

I created several photo books and given them as gifts to family and friends.  I created a blog and tried to create a business as well called Silverwing Photography.  ( I think I still have a Facebook page that I need to probably de-activate)  I'm not sure what happened to that dream other than just life.  Life gets busy and in the way sometimes of the things you want to do, not necessarily bad and priorities take over too.  After all there is only so many hours in a day and you have only so much energy a day to devote your attention where it is needed.

That dream moved off to the side for a long while until it just didn't exist.  I fell into the "have your iPhone with you why do you need a big camera" iPhone take great pics! I may not have been taking pictures all the time but I was doing something creative I promise.  Creativity has always been a big part of my life. It has taken on different looks off and on over the years but its always there in the background of life.

I've journaled all of my life, well at least since I was twelve years old.  I have hand written journals and then I also have a few blogs that I have developed over the years as well online. There was a time I enjoyed paper crafts, from making family scrapbooks to making cards for my church and women's group at the time.  To this day I do not need to go buy any cards, I just pull them out of a few boxes I have with my homemade cards for whatever is needed at the time.

I could go on and on to earlier times in my life about creating things but let's just jump to becoming an artist. Yes an artist! It took me a long time before I could actually call myself that and believe that I was one. The artist emerged in me during a rough time in my life, I was unemployed for 7 and a half months.  Since that time I have a wonderful job that I enjoy and I make time on the weekends to paint.  Some of you know that I've created a little business called Turquoisebrush, I have a Facebook page, and Instagram and an Etsy shop as well.  The place I work is awesome they have allowed me to display my art work, its like having my own mini arty gallery.

As a landscape artist I love painting trees, mountains, skies and water.  I love birds and have been trying to paint them and flowers.  I end up painting the forest or the beach.  I can't help it, I love blending colors to make beautiful skies and then I love the nature of how trees grow and dance in the sky.  I look forward to continuing my journey as an artist as time goes on.  I'm the happiest when I can express myself, create and be with my family and friends living life with tons of joys and blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Emotional Expression

Embracing Artistic Diversity: My painting Journey

Flowers