Loose Watercolor

 Loose watercolor is when you don't paint exactly what you see and intentionally leave out details.  Loose painting is also known as painterly.  It is a style that is more expressive and about feeling than detail.  I've started to play around with this style and I think I really like it.  Watercolor is hard to control and loose watercolor is out of control sort of, I can wrap my head around it little bit easier than to try to be so controlled and precise with watercolor.

I'm loving how easy and pretty these flower came out!  

I learned three different type of roses to do.  I like the 1st one and 2nd one the best.


I blurred the background and then added the tree.  I like the background, I still need to work on the tree some but I think the idea is cool!

watercolor and gouache






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall