What you don't know about this painting

 


Sometimes  when a painting starts out it might be one idea and then as the artist paints it becomes another idea. That is what happened with this one that I worked on over the weekend.  It started out just a sky scape of a sunset.  I loved the colors of the sky but it needed to be more than just a beautiful sky.  

I walked away from it for a bit and then when I returned I began to look real close and the longer I looked the more I could see shapes.  The shapes began to take on a picture of mountains in my mind.  I could see each set of them in the colors that I had just painted as a sky of a sunset.

As I formed the mountains using the same paint colors I started with I also saw water and then I put in some water.  I realized this isn't your normal type of beach scene as I added the rocks on the shore lines.  I like it just as is without adding anything else.  It seems to create a mood, but I'm not sure what to call this one.

I feel a sense of wonder and calm when I look into the painting. The water's color is soothing and calm. The rocks seem to have a place in it all too.  Its rocky but relaxing too.  

I'm really going to have to think on this as far as what to name this painting.  Maybe I will post it on my Facebook page and see what ideas others give.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall