Watercolors

 




Watercolors are very low-maintenance. First, start with a palette of watercolors. Next, use a small spray bottle, a blunt syringe, or a spoon to hydrate the colors you wish to use. Then, dip your brush in water to moisten it, dab the brush onto a pigment, and put the pigment-rich brush on paper. That’s it!
So you can see how easy it is to take with you just about anywhere to do.  

I can't help but think about how much fun I had as a kid playing with watercolors and the books that had the color on them and then all  you needed was a cup of water and a brush.  You'd brush over the spot and then like magic the color would appear.

You can control the shade of any pigment by adjusting the amount of water on your brush. If you want a very light shade, saturate your brush in water and barely touch the brush’s tip to the pigment.  I'm still practicing this to get the results that I'd like to have.

Watercolor is a wonderful, versatile medium — but it doesn't seem as easy it appears.  I've been working with watercolor off and over the last couple of weeks.  I'm still trying to get the hang of how much water to use and when and how to get different effects with it.  I will say it is a fun medium to work with despite the little techniques needed to be successful.


This Transmountain in El Paso Tx, my home town.
(an old friend of mine from high school claimed this treasure fast, I need to get it ready to mail out to her)

This one was fun, I didn't have a plan as I was doing it but it came out cool looking, kind of like a cave with a waterfall in it.

I enjoyed doing the lavender.  I really am happy with the way this came out.

This was so fun to do. Letting the colors blend together was very fun to create this look for this tree.

My first watercolor painting on a little square 8x8 watercolor canvas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fort Davis, TX

Art on the wall